Even While We Are Apart, We Can Stay Connected: Introducing Locate Connect!
Though we were sadly unable to hold our annual Locate20 conference scheduled for end April due to the COVID-19 situation, we are pleased to announce to our valued Locate community, a brand new digital program we are calling ‘Locate Connect’.
Our carefully curated and fully online program will deliver some of the planned content from Locate20 over the next few months, as well as provide a platform for our industry to connect and exchange information, while we are not able to meet together face to face.
The program will be made available completely free of charge to those who have already registered and paid for Locate20, to those who choose to register for Locate21, and will also be available for purchase at an affordable per session or entire program basis for others in the industry. Student discount rates will also be available.
The launch of the Locate Connect digital program will take place at the end of May featuring Chair of the Locate Board, Maurits van der Vlugt; SIBA|GITA Chair, Daniel Harvey; President of SSSI, Dr Zaffar Sadiq Mohamed-Ghouse and Locate21 Convenor, Paul Reed. Stay tuned for more details.
The program for Locate Connect will be released thereafter and will feature an exciting range of events including:
- Exclusive Q&A events with the likes of Peter Woodgate on the 2026 Agenda and beyond, Melissa Harris from Land Victoria, as well as key agencies like QLD Transport and Main Roads, CSIRO’s data61 and Spatial Vision.
- A Three Day Mini-Conference will be delivered in July, with 21 speakers over 3 days and taking place for 2 hours late in the afternoon. This exciting event will feature highly anticipated keynote speakers such as Bruce Thompson, Dr Karen Joyce and Nyall Dawson covering topics such as smart cities, surveying, sustainable development objectives, key projects and much, much more.
- Live panels – The Australian Geospatial-Intelligence Organisation will provide an update on their GEOINT projects and announce upcoming opportunities for industry through a series of videos and live panels. This will include uncovering the new Defence GEOINT Strategy, a document that addresses how the Defence Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) Community will transform to meet the future needs of the Australian Defence Force.
- The Hub Digital that we have come to know and love will be another feature of Locate Connect, adapted to the online environment. We will enable engaging two-way conversation around new ideas through bring together government, industry, researchers and professionals around themes like disaster management, how COVID-19 is changing our industry and the ways we live and work, the diversity agenda, our profession’s future, and more.
- Extensive Industry Resources – Exhibitors and sponsors are set to share videos, case studies, demonstrations and more through a newly established dedicated members log in area of the Locate website, as will a series of Locate20 presenters who have nominated to provide information and videos of the papers they were looking forward to sharing with you.
- Locate Podcast – Many podcasts are now available and this audio based learning option will continue to release over the coming months.
In the meantime, stay tuned for more information on our social channels. We will be posting all Locate Connect events on Facebook as details become available, and these will link to a registration and payment page via our website. For those who have already registered for Locate20 or Locate21, you will be sent an email link to register and access each session of your choice, for free directly.